Scientific Programs Coordinator
Administers and coordinates the meeting scientific programs, and the production of the Bulletin of the American Physical Society (print and online); plans and manages the sorters meetings at ACP (and offsite, when necessary).
- Responsible for communicating with unit program chairs, providing instructions and support for the creation and implementation of unit scientific programs, resulting in publication of the Bulletin (either online or print)
- Manages abstract databases, including data entry procedure to ensure consistency and accuracy of the program
- Responsible for establishing and implementing the production schedules for the Bulletin
- Responsible for gathering the content material for publications from the units for the Bulletin (preamble and main text)
- Organizes sorting, initial proofing, and shipment of material to specific unit and general meetings
- Responsible for receiving and processing contributed and invited abstracts
- Responsible for coordinating the sorting process and directing all aspects of running the sorters meetings, with assistance from internal staff
- Produces information packets including sorters instruction and reports
- Manages distribution of abstracts, reports, instructions and other necessary documentation for off-site program committee and sorter meetings
- Produces final copy of Bulletin for unit meetings (online and print)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent work experience; knowledge of database entry, printing process and web publishing. Knowledge of word processing software; strong Excel knowledge; ability to use reporting software. Knowledge of printing process and web publishing. Knowledge of abstract management system, such as ScholarOne or similar. Ability to multi-task on various projects and deadlines; must be able to coordinate multiple projects deadlines. Ability to adapt to changing procedures and be able to communicate those changes to others. Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills.
To apply, send cover letter including salary requirement, and resume to the attention of the Human Resources via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.