APS Honors Program Manager
The American Physical Society (APS), the premier membership association for physicists, seeks a candidate who is a proven program manager to fill the position of APS Honors Program Manager. This position is full-time and based at APS Headquarters in College Park, MD (near DC Metro Green Line).Reporting to the APS Director of Membership, the Honors Program Manager is responsible for all facets of the APS Honors Programs. The essential functions are:
- Staff liaison to volunteer committees on Prizes & Awards and APS Fellowship;
- Oversee the Prizes and Awards selection process; overseeing the Fellowship selection process; and helping coordinate the Prizes and Awards ceremonial sessions at annual meetings;
- Ensure that selection committees are appointed on time; that selection deadlines are met; and that questions from volunteers are answered rapidly and accurately;
- Supervise and work closely with the Honors Programs Administrator who provides administrative services in support of the Honors Programs;
- Undertaking related duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Membership.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, although a Master’s degree is desirable. A background in science would be suitable. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience and demonstrated accomplishments in program administration, volunteer and/or project management. Familiarity with the physics/science research community is helpful but not required. Able to travel several times a year. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent program administration skills; have strong interpersonal and diplomatic communication skills; and be adept at meeting deadlines.
To apply, send cover letter with salary requirement, resume, and a list of professional references to the attention of the Director of Human Resources via e-mail: email@example.com or fax: 301-699-8144. EOE M/F/D/V